Friday, August 23, 2013

Gourmet Paleo Dinner

Last night, we celebrated Joel's birthday at III Forks, one of my favorite restaurants in all of DFW. Normally, that would mean a meal of TONS of bread, salad with LOTS of feta cheese, steak, mashed potatoes, red wine, and a big slice of cheesecake. 

I always leave feeling stuffed to the brim. It's delicious, but the feeling after you eat that much food... Not so fun. 

This time, I decided I can still have a fantastic meal and not feel guilty (or sick) afterwards. 

This time, I ate NO bread. I still had my delicious salad (field greens, apples, and pecans) but left off the cheese. Instead of potatoes, I got broccoli and asparagus. I still got a steak... AND lobster :) And I did NOT get cheesecake!! Since it was Joel's birthday, they brought out chocolate cake and creme brule. I had just a couple bites of each. Sounds like a pretty Paleo meal to me!



I did have wine though... I'm sorry, but you can't say no to a 2001 Jordan cab. You just can't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment