Friday, August 30, 2013

Easy Weeknight Dinner

This post is actually about dinner Tuesday night (I know, I know, I'm falling behind) and it was the perfect easy dinner for a weeknight!

Joel and I don't get home from work until 6:45 or 7:00 most nights, so the last thing I want to do is spend an hour (or even half an hour, really) making dinner. For us, easy is good. 

Without further ado... Skillet fajitas!

Step 1: Buy this handy bag of pre-cooked chicken fajitas from your local grocery store. We got ours at Market Street for $3.49


Step 2: Slice up some onions, red and green bell pepper, and whatever other veggies you like with your fajitas. Toss 'em in your cast iron skillet and cook over medium high heat. No need to add oil to the pan, but I did spray them and the pan with some olive oil cooking spray. 

P.S. if you don't have a cast iron skillet, go buy one. Mine is from Walmart. I got it for $15 and it's huge! Just remember your skillet absorbs the flavors of everything you cook in it, so wash with warm water only (no soap, or your next meal will taste soapy).

When veggies are sautéed to your liking, move to step 3.

Step 3: Add the whole bag of fajitas. Cook until heated through, stirring constantly. 


Step 4: Enjoy! I added fresh avocado and tomato to mine and ate it with a fork. You could add shredded lettuce and salsa and make a salad if you want. Non Paleo spouses can make tacos with a tortilla and sour cream. 



Takes 10 minutes max, including prep time and cook time. And the time it took Joel to go to the store and buy an onion and avocado. Easy peasy!

Our Paleo exercise for the night was walking a mile to the baseball fields with Bula, running around with him for about half an hour (he loves to run free!), and walking the mile back home. Not bad for a weeknight! 

It wore out Bula at least. Joel and I were getting some water in the kitchen when we noticed Bula had disappeared. This is where we found him...


No comments:

Post a Comment