Monday, September 2, 2013

Paleo Taco Salad

Tonight was another super quick and easy meal in the Palmer household!

I made this entire meal in about 15 minutes. It was so quick and easy, I didn't even think to take step by step photos. 

Instructions:

Dice half an onion. Sauté half of the chopped onions. Add 1 pound ground beef (I used 97/3%) and brown until cooked through. 

While meat is browning, make the guacamole. Mash up 3 avocados in medium bowl with a lid. Add the other half of the diced onions to the avocado, along with a diced jalapeño, a couple tablespoons chopped cilantro, and the juice of half a lime. Mix well. Add salt and garlic powder to taste. 

Be sure to keep an eye on your taco meat! Once it's browned, add taco seasoning. 

Cut a head of iceberg lettuce into fourths. You only need 1/4 head of lettuce to feed two people. Chop up the lettuce and top with taco meat, guacamole, and salsa. Tadaaa! Taco salad in under 15 minutes. 

I made my salsa ahead of time, but you could easily make it too while the meat is browning. Roughly chop up two tomatoes, half an onion, half a jalapeño, and a tablespoon of cilantro. Add all to your food processor and blend until it's the consistency you like. Add garlic powder and salt to taste. Makes about a pint. I store mine in a mason jar in the refrigerator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment