Today for breakfast I had Paleo Pancakes. Blend 2 eggs, 1 banana, and a dash of cinnamon in food processor until smooth, then cook like normal pancakes! I added blueberries to the batter before I cooked them, and I drizzled honey over them instead of syrup. Very tasty, very time consuming. Probably a weekend-and-special-occasions-only breakfast.
For dinner we had spaghetti squash (just plain spaghetti for Joel) with homemade pesto, fresh basil, tomatoes, and pine nuts. The spaghetti squash took a little getting used to, but I think if the sauce is strong enough then it will be a good pasta substitute! This one also got Joel's noncommittal shrug of approval. Not quite a nod (he still prefers good ole pasta) but his exact words were "it's not bad" - I'll take it!
Spaghetti squash is also very easy to make. There are several different methods to cook spaghetti squash. What I did was cut it in half lengthwise (you'll need a BIG knife and a little bit of elbow grease), scraped out the seeds and pulpy stuff, placed face down in a baking dish, and filled halfway up the pan with water. Bake 40 minutes at 375. When done, scrape the insides and it will come apart like little noodles!! It makes SO much so it will last at least 4 meals. To reheat, just put some in a pan with your sauce to heat it up! Easy weeknight dinner (if your spaghetti squash is pre made).

No comments:
Post a Comment