This morning, I had leftover egg muffins. For dinner, I had leftover chicken and cauli mash. (By the way, this is the recipe I followed for the cauli mash.)
But for lunch... I made a green smoothie! It is SO SIMPLE. I made it before work and took it with a few other snacks for the day.
Green Smoothies:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
I'd like to note that oats are not technically paleo, but oatmeal helps with high cholesterol so I'm making that exception for my own personal health reasons. You can make this recipe with or without the oats. You can also leave out the spinach if that's not your thing, but I promise you can't taste it. It just turns the smoothie a funky color.
Anyways, that's it. Just blend until it's smooth! Recipe makes 2 mason jar sized smoothies.
I met my second big Paleo challenge today. For lunch, my team at work was having a pizza party. We ordered pizza from my favorite place AND one of my associates (who happened to go to culinary school before coming to GEICO) made a homemade red velvet cake. Look at that!! So as great as that smoothie sounds, Pastazio's Pizza and this Made-From-Scratch Red Velvet Cake sounded SO. MUCH. BETTER. I almost cried when I had to say no to a piece of that cake.
Passing up Pastazio's? That's a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment