Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 5: Cheat Day

A fundamental fact about any kind of diet is that if you deprive yourself completely, you will almost always fail. That's why so many diets have a "cheat day" or "cheat meals" built in. If you allow yourself occasional treats, you're more likely to stay on track for the long run. Lots of articles can be found to support this theory. Like this one. Or this one about Jennifer Aniston. 

There are differing ideas on how to do your cheat day, but I usually have one "cheat day" a week, and it's almost always Friday. I follow my diet in the morning and during the day, but I get to cheat for dinner (usually a bacon cheeseburger with sweet potato fries and a margarita from Village Burger Bar).

Today was slightly different. No VBB but it was still a cheat day of sorts.

I followed my Paleo plan almost all day. I had a green smoothie for breakfast, nuts and a Lara bar and fresh berries for snacks/lunch... but then there was a party at work and I had a cookie stuffed with a brownie. It was DELICIOUS!!! For dinner, I also cheated. Mostly due to the fact that I only had leftovers at home (and you know how I feel about leftovers) and I was getting a migraine on top of that. Sometimes a girl just needs Chick-Fil-A, you know? Nuggets and waffle fries. Mmm Mmm Good!

When I get migraines, it wipes me out and all I want to do is lounge. Joel is also feeling pretty sick, so a night cuddling with Bula on the couch and watching How I Met Your Mother with a cup of hot tea did the trick! It also made me want to go back to London, so don't be surprised if I start talking travel again soon...

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment