Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Garlic Chicken with White Wine Sauce

I'm already out of almond butter. It's been less than 72 hours, and I've already polished off my entire mason jar! Time to make more, I guess. And maybe do a better job of rationing it out next time...

My poor, sad, empty almond butter jar :(

Tonight's menu was super simple. It was a little labor intensive, but it was so worth it! We had garlic chicken with white wine sauce, roasted broccoli, and cauliflower mash.
 


I found this recipe on Pinterest and I will definitely be making it again. Here are my ingredients: olive oil, white wine, fresh thyme, a whole chicken, and 30 cloves of garlic. Yes, THIRTY cloves of garlic! I peeled them all a few days ago and stored them in a ziploc bag in the fridge.

A quick hint about the wine that I learned in school - never cook with a wine you wouldn't drink. We don't normally drink white wine, but I do like this Cupcake Chardonnay. As you can see, we already opened it up :)

Step 1: cut the chicken into 8 parts (2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks, 2 wings). This was by far the most time consuming. I had to get Joel to google "how to cut a chicken up" and read me step by step instructions while I hacked up that $4 chicken.

Step 2: Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat in a large pan. Generously season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and cook in oil until browned on all sides then remove from pan. Add more oil as necessary.

Steo 2: browning the chicken pieces


Step 3: Sauté garlic until brown and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add 1 1/4 cups wine and 3 sprigs of thyme to pan and bring to a boil.

Step 4: Add chicken back into pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through. I cooked mine about 15-20 minutes and flipped the pieces once.

Step 3: Yummy garlic!!
Step 4: letting it simmer




Serve with cauli mash and roasted broccoli. Spoon sauce over EVERYTHING :) Voila! 

No comments:

Post a Comment