All you need is chicken breasts, a can or two of green beans (I like Italian cut), potatoes of your choice, a bag of frozen baby carrots, a packet of Italian seasoning (or use your own spices), and Italian dressing or butter!
We planned to have leftovers, so we bought 6 chicken breasts and cut them in half lengthwise (the ones at Market Street are always HUGE). We also used 2 cans of green beans and 2 or 3 red potatoes. I'm going to try sweet potatoes next time. We divided it all between three 9x9 disposable baking dishes, and froze them for later. Each dish will feed Joel and I dinner twice (or dinner once and leftovers for lunch the next day or two).
You literally dump it all in a casserole dish. I don't like my food to be mixed up, so I put the chicken breasts down the middle and put carrots on one side, diced potatoes on the other. I was planning to put the can of (drained) green beans on the outside next to the potatoes but I ran out of room so I just put them on top of the chicken.
I covered everything with the Italian seasoning (and put a LOT on the chicken before I covered them with green beans). I also added extra garlic powder bc I LOVE garlic! Fresh garlic and herbs would also be fantastic.
We actually made this a couple days ago, so we froze it since we weren't ready to eat it. My advice if you do that is to get a pan with an actual lid. We used a disposable baking dish but it didn't have a lid. I used plastic wrap and foil, but it still got little ice crystals on the food.
I pulled it out last night and put it in the refrigerator to thaw. When I was ready to make it tonight, I preheated my oven to 350, covered the entire dish with Italian dressing (you can also use a stick of melted butter if that's your thing) and baked for an hour!
Here's what it looks like baking away:

No comments:
Post a Comment