So I made a fall wreath. We bought the stuff at Hobby Lobby yesterday (at 40% off, I might add) and I assembled today while watching football.
First, I cut all the pine cones and branches and flowers off the main stems into smaller pieces to work with. I would recommend doing this as you go rather than all at once up front, because I ended up not using it all and could have returned some if I hadn't cut them up. Lesson learned.
Then I just started hot gluing branches and berries where I thought they'd be cute! I did all the pine cones first, then the little leafy stems, then the berries, then the big leaves, then the flowers, working around in a circle for each one to make sure it was evenly spaced out. Lastly, I tied on a big burlap ribbon and hung it on the door with a command hook! Easy peasy!
Here's a closer look:
It cost about $20-25 and only took about an hour! Way better (and cuter, in my opinion) than any of the pre-made store-bought wreaths that sell for several hundred dollars!
After craft time, it was Craigslist time. We have a whole room full of furniture and electronic equipment we don't use so we figured we may as well try to make a little money. Our goal is to make enough to buy a new MacBook Pro, so if you're in the market for new stuff check out my listings on Facebook! I posted all the pictures and links to the listings in a new photo album.
And finally, it was shopping time! We went to the outlet mall to get me a plaid button up shirt to wear with my new navy vest, and I found a super cute one at J. Crew! We hit up Taco Cabana again on the way home so Joel could have 35 cent bean and cheese tacos one last time...
Then we headed downtown for the Maroon 5 concert! We were an hour and a half late, so we missed the opener (on purpose) and caught the end of Kelly Clarkson. She was actually really entertaining! Maroon 5 was also great! It was a really fun show. Definitely more for me than Joel, so I owe him.
What I Ate:
Breakfast:
- Cheerios (140 cal)
- Coffee with Cinnabon creamer (70)
Lunch:
- cheese and wheat thins (240 cal)
- peaches (100 cal)
Dinner:
- Taco Cabana Beef Nachos (310 cal)
Snack:
- 2 fruit strips (90 cal)
Grand Total: 950 calories
Total allotted: 1191 calories
Difference: under by 241 calories




No comments:
Post a Comment