Paleo Pancakes made a brief cameo in my second ever post, but today they're the star of the show! Step-by-step photos included.
I mentioned before that they were time consuming, and that's still true, but I think I've got it down pretty well now.
Step 1: Preheat a small skillet over medium heat. I let mine heat up while I did my hair.
Step 2: Mix one very ripe banana and two eggs with a hand mixer (or in a food processor if you want it to make cleanup more difficult...) in a small bowl until smooth. Get the banana as completely mashed as possible.
Step 3: Using olive oil spray, grease the pan before each batch.
Step 4: Pour just a *little* of the batter in the pan. This batter is really thin so a little goes a long way. One batch makes about 5-7 small pancakes.
Step 5: Let it cook for only about 5-10 seconds then start working on the sides with a spatula. Since it's so thin, the pancake is hard to flip. Practice makes perfect! But don't try to flip it sans spatula like the pros... Trust me, you'll just make a mess and sacrifice an otherwise perfectly good pancake. Or two, if you try it twice. Not that I did that.
Step 6: Make another batch when your husband wants some too.
Step 7: Serve with honey, maple syrup, or coconut spread. I chose the latter. YUMMMM!






No comments:
Post a Comment