Unfortunately, that meant I didn't go to bed until 10:30 last night. I set my alarm for 6:15 knowing I'd hit the snooze button several times and probably get up around 7:30 (leaving just enough time to shower and get ready for work).
I woke up this morning feeling like I needed to work out. If I'm serious about wanting to lose weight, I have to exercise more days than I don't. Since I took yesterday off, I knew if I took today off that I would also take tomorrow off, leaving me with only two exercise days this week.
So after snuggling my pup who for some reason was sleeping in my bed, I pulled myself out of bed at 7:00, still debating if I should try to squeeze in a quick run or just have a leisurely morning before work.
My aunt sent me a new running shirt for my birthday and it was sitting on my dresser staring at me, so I decided today would officially start my Turkey Trot training! Joel got out of bed and came with me too without me even asking! If you know Joel, you know he HATES to run so this was a big deal.
I clipped on Bula's leash and we headed out! The Turkey Trot is on Thanksgiving Day and it's 8 miles long. I'm planning to have Bula run with me, and I have to condition him to running on a leash so I started out slow and short with a 10 minute mile. I think next time we can pick up the pace and go a little further because he wasn't even tired when we got back! I think he's in better shape than I am...
What I Ate:
Breakfast:
- 8:00am Cheerios (140 cal)
Lunch & Snacks:
- 11:00am fruit strip (45 cal)
- 12:30pm banana (100 cal)
- tootsie roll (65 cal)
- 1:45pm Diet Dr. Pepper
- 3:10pm 1/2 Zone bar (105 cal)
- 4:45pm 1/2 Zone bar (105 cal)
- 5:20pm Yoplait light (100 cal)
- 6:15pm 1 oz. cheese (110 cal)
Dinner:
- 9:45pm 2 bowls of Cheerios (280 cal)
Total: 1050 calories
And I drank 56 ounces of water today. Not quite enough.
The girls in my home group met at Starbucks at 7:00pm so I went straight there from work and didn't get home until 9:30pm! I had planned to have frito pie (which I made in the crockpot overnight last night) but I just didn't have the energy to even heat up the chili so I turned to trusty Cheerios again.
Here's to the weekend! Ready for some rest...


No comments:
Post a Comment