Thursday, September 26, 2013

Week 2, Day 6

09/25/13

I got up at 6:00 determined to work out. I had already skipped two days this week! Joel and Bula followed me so we all went on another short and slow walk. We ran down to the fire station and back and even had to shine the flashlight on my phone because it was so dark outside!

We got back, showered, and got ready for work by 7:15, which gave us over an hour to eat breakfast, drink coffee, and spend time in the Word. The mornings that start that way (versus the ones with no exercise, too many snooze cycles, rushing around, and no quiet time) really start the day off right. It's just special and refreshing. 

Work was uneventful, but when we got home we discovered Bula had made his second kill... Poor little guy. You'd think these bunnies would learn not to come in our yard anymore! I took a picture of the remains (sans head that I'm pretty sure Bula ate) and sent it to my mom. Based on her reaction, it's probably something I shouldn't share here either. You can thank her for sparing you the gory details. 

After that (thankfully less emotional than last time) ordeal, we cleaned up, ate dinner, and started Breaking Bad on Netflix while I made dinner for the next day. 

I used my momma's recipe and made chicken tortilla soup. It is soo good!

Here's how you do it:
• Cook 2 pounds of chicken (I used breast meat only and boiled it). While chicken is boiling...
• Dice 1 small onion and 1 jalapeño and sauté with 2 cloves minced garlic, a 4-oz can of green chiles with the juice (I used the big 7-oz can because we love green chiles), and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Dump in a large pot/Dutch oven. 
• Add 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can tomato soup, 1 can Rotel, 1 can beef broth, 1 can chicken broth, 2 cups water, 1 heaping teaspoon cumin, 1 heaping teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and a handful of chopped cilantro (if it's in season). 
• When chicken is done, shred and add to the pot as well. Cook on medium heat for an hour, adding water as necessary. 
• Serve with avocado, cheese, and tortilla chips. Enjoy! (Hint: it's better the next day, so make the day before.)

I also made a dessert, but more on that next post. 

What I Ate:
Breakfast:
- Cheerios (140)
- coffee with Cinnabon creamer (70)

Lunch:
- chicken teriyaki rice bowl (500)

Snack:
- tootsie pop (60) - last one I promise!!!
- 1/2 protein bar (95)

Dinner:
- roasted garlic sausage with mustard (260)

Grand total: 1125 calories
Total allotted: 831 calories (I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous)
Difference: over by 294 calories 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment