Our first stop was Starbucks (a Saturday morning Palmer ritual) for breakfast. After a quick run in Super Target, we swung by Taco Cabana for breakfast for Joel. It's their 35th anniversary so they're selling bean and cheese tacos for $0.35 each at all stores in Texas and Oklahoma! Naturally, Joel got four.
We hit up Hobby Lobby after that and got supplies to make a fall wreath. I'm hoping to make it tomorrow! I'll post pictures if I do.
Last stop was Lowe's. We had to get a few small things to hang our flag pole and we browsed new front doors like we do every time we go in the store.
When we got home, we each started our respective projects: Joel installed the flag pole, and I repainted the numbers on the front of our house.
Yes, he had to drill into the brick. It took forever!!! But well worth it, in my opinion. Look how cute our flag is! We've had it about a month and just never got around to hanging it up.
Here's what the house numbers looked like before (I had just started painting the 1 when I took the "before" picture).
And the after!
After our projects were finished, we headed down to Addison for Oktoberfest with friends. And that's where the trouble started. Turns out, Oktoberfest is also part fair, including all the yummy fair food. My one indulgence was red velvet funnel cake with powdered sugar and cream cheese icing. I split it with Joel but probably still had 400 calories worth.
With all the walking we did (almost 7 miles!), I ended up less than 400 calories over my allotment so I'm calling the funnel cake cheat #1 for the week.
We watched the Tech game with friends then called it a night! Pretty good Saturday if you ask me.
What I Ate:
Breakfast:
- Starbucks skinny vanilla latte (100 cal)
Lunch:
- grilled turkey & cheese sandwich (270 cal)
- unsweetened applesauce (50 cal)
Afternoon Snack:
- bratwurst with sauerkraut (375 cal)
- red velvet funnel cake (400 cal)
Dinner:
- Chicken Express - 3 fingers, fried okra, roll (680 cal)
Grand Total: 1865 calories
Total allotted: 1470
Difference: over by 395 (stupid funnel cake)





No comments:
Post a Comment