09/27/13
Weight: 141.6 (up by 1.0)
BMI: 23.6
Waist: 29.75"
Hips: 36.0"
Right leg: 23.25"
Left leg: 22.5"
Here's what I learned from my failed week two:
1. I'm not motivated by prior success. Week One, I lost almost 2 pounds. Most people would use that as further motivation to keep going. Not me. I somehow turn it into an excuse that I don't have to work as hard next week. Because that makes total sense, right?
2. I don't like to work out in the mornings as much as I thought I did. In college, I always worked out in the mornings before class and I loved it. And I think I still would if I didn't have to go to work every day. But in college, I had a solid 2-3 hours each morning to leisurely work out and slowly shower and get ready. To do that now, if have to get up around 4:30am. Now I'm a morning person, but that's too much. Plus, Joel wouldn't go with me and that leads to number 3...
3. I don't like to work out alone. If I don't have someone else there to push me and encourage me to work out, I just won't do it. In my case, I was trying to get up in the mornings and run before work. I know Joel *hates* running, so I feel bad asking him to go with me. And about half the time, we don't go and I don't work out at all.
4. I prefer working out at a gym. And we have a free membership to a fancy schmancy gym. Why am I not using it?! Joel and I decided that we are going to start working out after work. That way, we won't have any time restraints (like trying to finish so we can shower and go to work) and we can get our workouts done. Because of this, we're less likely to skip them. We will get home a little later than we're used to, but it won't kill us. Plus, my schedule should be changing soon and I'll get off work earlier.
5. I like to snack. But snacking can lead to hundreds of extra calories a day. It's just something I have to be diligent about, because there's ALWAYS something to munch on at GEICO. Just because I include it in my daily calorie count doesn't mean I should eat it. (Read: tootsie rolls). I've got to focus on eating the right KIND of calories too, not just the right AMOUNT.
So there you have it. I'm always learning, always adapting. My "plan" will have to change to address my weaknesses if I want to make any progress, so that's what I'm trying to do.
Here goes week three!
No comments:
Post a Comment